Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Our first post!


Hi everyone...thanks to the popularity of blogs and some of our friends just starting one, we decided to start a blog spot. Especially since we move around so much it is kinda hard to keep up with us. So, here goes....


Well, we are settled in our house in Norwalk, Connecticut for now. Well, as settled as you can get in, what, 3 weeks. We still have a few boxes here and there, but Scott has started his surgical residency, Alex is now in first grade and back to soccer, and Analeigh and I are having fun exploring around our new area and going to Yoga and dance lessons.


Oh, yes, it was a high priority to get Alex on a soccer team out here. His second day of school he came home with a flyer about the community soccer club and we got him signed up. He has had one practice and one game...it seems to be a really good soccer club so far. They really had them working out for their practice and then gave them really good guidance during the game. It was a lot of fun. He is really happy when he can get out there and play hard.


Analeigh got to start dance this year at 3 1/2 years old. She looked so adorable in her little tights and leotard and ballet and tap shoes!! Oh, now I'm excited. And she loved it! She has been practicing around the house since her first class. Yea! (Of course she'll get to try soccer next year too!)


Scott has been put right to work in this surgery rotation. He gets to go have his first class at Yale Univ. this Thursday. It still bothers him to have me tell everyone he is doing a surgical residency through Yale. He doesn't like to seem braggy. But I think it is wonderful.


The weather has fortunately changed to beautiful autumn this week (although I hear it is supposed to warm a bit again this weekend). I love the fall, especially here in the northeast. I am looking forward to the leaves changing and falling--that is the best time of the year, no?

2 comments:

Kim Waters said...

Hi! It sounds like things are settling down and you are all enjoying it there. Here's a kiss to you all!

Love ya, Mom

Bill Waters said...

I think you will going to have a great time out there ... also, predicitons are that the best place in the country to be this year for Fall colors is New England.

Love you all, Dad