My sister in law, Michelle, tagged me. So here goes.....
20 years ago:
I was 8 years old and had just been baptized. We lived in Birmingham, Alabama at the time. Jessica and I regularly played Barbies with my best friend at the time, Jennifer, who lived right across the circle from us. And not just any old Barbie Doll playing. This was serious Barbie play that required leaving it all out overnight, just how we left it, so we could continue play from where we were the day before. More like soap opera Barbie. It was great fun. We also loved doing stuff like recording ourselves singing Wilson-Phillips songs on my lavender boombox (oh yeah!), karaoke to Madonna, making up dances, cheerleading together, riding bikes (I also had a lavender bike), playing kickball in the cul-de-sac where we lived! Oh lots of fun stuff!!
10 years ago:
I was 18 and about to graduate from high school! I was preparing to be in the Miss South Jordan Pageant, which was so much fun! Colleges were still on my mind as I knew I did NOT want to go to Ricks, but was convinced by friends that that is where I should go (no wonder I only lasted one semester there!). I was feeling good, in shape and very confident. Probably the best I have ever felt!
5 years ago:
Hmmm...2003? Married to Scott for almost 4 years at this point, and Alex was 2 1/2. We lived in West Jordan. I worked for Challenger School teaching preschool 3 days a week. Scott was working as an ophthalmic imager at the Moran Eye Center in Salt Lake City, and I actually believed he might have decided to forgo more medical schooling....boy was I kidding myself!!!
3 years ago:
Let's see, 2005...Scott had been accepted to Lock Haven University's Physician Assistant program (in Pennsylvania) and we were preparing to move there. We were all excited and nervous about this huge change in our lives. Alex was 4 and Analeigh was about 15 months old. I still worked for Challenger 3 days a week and Alex went to preschool there.
1 year ago:
Oh, here is where it really gets good!! Scott graduated from LHU PA school. We had moved back to Utah, to the Sugar Place house, in anticipation of staying there for a long time. Well, Scott decided he would go for the Yale/Norwalk Surgical Residency program, because really, what were his chances he would get in to a Yale program? Huh? Well, he was accepted and we knew we would be on the move again before Fall...this time to Connecticut. I was once again working for Challenger, once again telling them I would not be back the next year due to another cross-country move. Alex was attending Challenger school kindergarten and Analeigh went to preschool there!
So far this year:
We visited Utah, took the kids skiing for their first time, found out I was pregnant, spent a weekend in Boston, started a new soccer season with both kids playing this time, bought a new couch and chairs (because I couldn't stand another second on the old, stinky thing we have been using that came with the house we rent), spent a whole lot of time on the couch feeling seriously ill, and obsessively check job listings with Scott so we can actually find a place we can settle down for a looooong time here in about 4 and 1/2 months! Phew! I'm already worn out from this year!! Seriously!
Yesterday:
Alex is on Spring Break this whole week, so yesterday I took the kids to the Stamford Nature Center and Museum, which has a big Lego art display going on right now. It was a great place with a big playground outside, a farm, walking and hiking trails that wind around the hills and a creek. We had a great time! Then we stopped at Burger King to eat afterward and that is where the day went downhill for me!! My tummy just can't tolerate stuff like that right now!
Today:
Our dog, Bella, has been sick for the past week, so first thing this morning I made an appointment to take her into the Vet. The kids and I took her in to be looked at, got her some meds., paid a big fat bill for it all, and on top of it all had to get a stool sample from her...fabulous. Well, we dropped Bella off to rest and we went to the movies today! We went to see Horton Hears A Who. All 3 of us really liked it. We had popcorn and drinks. It was fun. Then we came home and the kids set off to play up in the playroom and I got cleaning...dishes, floors, laundry, ughh! And that's about the time I hit the couch. Forget just morning sickness, my afternoons are the WORST!
And it is Michelle's Birthday!! Happy 31st Michelle!
Tomorrow:
No big plans tomorrow...Analeigh has dance class in the afternoon, I think. Unless they have spring break too-I should probably check into that. It is Mom and Dad's Anniversary...30 something...I should know this. Lets see, 37 years...I'm almost positive. Happy Anniversary!
Rest of the Year:
Okay, so you can probably guess the rest of this year for us just from the beginning of our year...pack, move, have a baby.
So that's it! Me, the last 20 years, in a nut shell!
And who to Tag?? Who reads my blog that has a blog?? Alyssa, I'm pretty sure you check my blog...I tag you!
3 comments:
That was fun to read! What a whirl-wind life we all seem to lead. It would be boring otherwise, though, wouldn't it? I hope you feel better soon. It's hard feeling crummy all the time.
I really hope you get to settle down for a long time soon. You have moved way too much! Is the pregnancy sickness dying down at all yet?
Thanks for playing!
That was fun to read and I just read it and saw that I was tagged. I've never been tagged before. And as I was reading that you guys are looking for where to go next I thought of a great place, Texas. Chet and I are not known for staying in one place but I have to say this place has jobs and a great housing market. The Church is strong here and the family friendliness can't be beat (great schools too).
Post a Comment