Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend



We had a great long holiday weekend! And had absolutely perfect weather to go with it! We started on Friday by taking Bella to the dog park, which is right by the beach, so we went over to the beach park after that so the kids could play and I could relax and look at the water for a while (ahhh, THE good reason to live here). Scott called while I was at the beach with the kids and said he was going to get a movie and some pizza after he left work. So, we had pizza and watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets (we are big fans, especially Alex). Then Saturday we went back to the dog park and the beach...this time Scott got to come. Sunday, Scott was on call...which means we don't see him for about 26 hours. He got home on Monday morning just in time to walk in the Memorial Day Parade with the kids at 9am. He is so good to just keep going after being on call all night--I honestly don't know how he does it because I NEVER could. I need my sleep! The kids were so excited to be in the parade with their soccer club. And they were so cute as they marched by in their uniforms. Well, Analeigh technically RODE by because Daddy pulled her in the wagon the whole way (see, I told you he was good!). She was the little diva as always waving from her wagon. Heehee. I planned to film the kids as they went by, but when I went to turn on the camera I found the battery was dead. Oops! Should have checked that before I left the house. So my friend clicked a couple of pics with her cell phone camera as they went by. I'll have to post them when she emails them. After the parade it was back to our beach for a picnic and some SUN. Later in the afternoon we had a ward bbq at the beach in Greenwich. I had left my camera in the car, which was a little walk away from where we were, and I just kept saying "I wish I had my camera!" I shouldn't have been so lazy and just gone and gotten it. It was a beautiful rocky beach that would have been awesome for pictures. Oh well. While we were there Scott got to be a hero and help a little girl that had gotten a big fish hook stuck in her leg. Her friend called out to us for some help as we were walking past. So Scott went right over to take a look and help her. I had to go find her Mom and some supplies to get it out and left Analeigh there with Scott while I ran back to the party area. When I got back I told Analeigh she needed to come down off the rocks by them and stand with me, out of the way. First of all, you need to know that she is pretty certain already that she is going to be a nurse when she grows up (like Grandma). So when I told her to come down out of the way she was so sad...she started crying and said she wanted to watch Daddy get it out. So I actually understood that she really was very interested and let her go back up there. She sat there so intently the whole time and never got squirmy or squeemish at all. I think she really has that whole nursing thing in her--probably ER nursing. Well, Alex wasn't around while all this was happening. He was off playing and having a good time, oblivious to what his Dad and Analeigh were doing, which was for the best. He will have the exact opposite job from Analeigh. When Analeigh first saw Alex she told him that a girl had gotten a fish hook in her leg and I thought Alex might pass out or hurl. He's so funny. Ididn't let Anna tell him too much about it. As much as she is her Daddy's girl, Alex is definitely my son. Haha. Although, I have had to hear a LOT from Scott about different things he sees and can proudly say I am getting pretty good at hearing medical stuff. I still don't know about SEEING things, but hey, I'm getting there. Anyway, long story short, Scott got to be a hero at the ward bbq because our ward is full of financial gurus that wouldn't have been able to do what he did for her. I was very proud, of him and Nurse Analeigh.
Here are the only two pictures I took the whole weekend. Horrible of me,I know.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! You had a way better weekend than we did. We didn't do anything. I wish we lived by the beach so bad!

Rachel said...

Hey Jaimee!

So good to hear from you! Wow, soon to have three kids? So fun! Blogging is such a great way to find long lost friends. I'm glad things are going so well for you.

Rachel