Sunday, August 31, 2008

Finally!

OK, I know...I'm FINALLY getting around to blogging again!! I have been slightly busy. And our internet in Connecticut was giving me so many problems that it was a major pain to post on here. I'm crossing my fingers for better luck here in our new location.

So, the end of summer was filled with lots of (exhausting) fun! The kids and I were anxious to get out of the house as often as possible as the move approached because the house was in such disarray. So, we did things such as go to the beach, zoos, one more trip into "the city" (NYC) to go to the Natural History museum, FAO Schwartz, and Central Park, free kids movies at a local theater, and playing with friends as much as possible before heading South. We were so glad when our good friends came back from their trip to France. We missed them a lot while they were gone and were anxious to spend lots of time with them before leaving.

So, here we are now, in our new place, trying our best to get adjusted. It is just not fun to start over. Alex started 2nd grade in school here, and it really seems to be a great school. That is one of the reasons for our choice of this location...because of the excellent schools. Anyway, he seems to really like it at his school and really loves the fact that they have gym class (P.E.) every day.

Analeigh gets to start preschool on Wednesday and is sooo looking forward to it!! She can't wait. I am excited for her. She is going to do great. We had the option of putting her in 3 or 5 days a week (half days), and I asked her if she wanted to go every day like Alex does and she said Yes! Later in the day she asked me if I knew why she wanted to go to preschool every day and I said no, why? And she said, "because I don't want to go to all of the stores with you and run errands anymore". Haha...I thought that was so funny. She is right, though. I try to do all of my running around while Alex is at school and she has been my little sidekick for long enough, I guess. Time for the little bird to leave the nest I guess.

We are going back to CT this week for Scott's graduation from the Yale Surgical Residency. I am so proud of him. This was definitely a tough year and we are so glad it is over!! He has worked hard to accomplish his goals and has done so wonderfully! I am so proud to be his wife...I love him sooo much. Congrats Honey!

4 comments:

Edwards Fam said...

Yay! Congratulations!! You're finished--you made it! I can't believe you're already moved and getting settled into the new place. You're all looking good:)

Michelle said...

Congrats Scott! And congrats on getting the move behind you too. Now you can look forward to the new baby next month. We can't wait to see pictures of her. Oh, cute pics of the kids in the slide show too.

Ainsley said...

how great for scott and your family!!!! congrats!

Anonymous said...

I think the Sims is the best family in the world!!