Third grade is really suiting Alex! He is having a really good year so far. We are making sure he has plenty to do to keep him engaged and learning, which makes a huge difference for him. He is funny and comes up with great plans and ideas. He gave a great lesson for our family home evening last night about obedience. I hadn't had time to help him come up with a lesson, so I told him I would just do the lesson. He had just gotten home from soccer practice and we were going to start right after he got cleaned up. When he came out he told me he still wanted to do the lesson and he just needed to find one of the Friend magazines that had the story he needed in it. I was so impressed. He did so great.
He also just had tae-kwon-do testing again and passed and is now a Yellow belt! And he finished all his requirements to get his Wolf badge in Cub Scouts. Plus the Leave No Trace Awareness patch and SEVERAL belt loops and arrow points and the summer activity pin. He is now on to work on his Bear requirements!
Analeigh is busy in Kindergarten! She is having lots of fun. I have been going in to eat lunch with each of the kids once a week or two weeks. It is always entertaining to eat with the kindergarteners. She has a cute little class, and her teacher always tells me how much she enjoys Analeigh (which I love!). She loves to help me cook or whatever I'm doing. She gets a lot of joy from drawing and coloring and uses it as an outlet. She can tie her shoes now! And she is reading more and writing on her own (sounding it out, then writing how it sounds). The day at school gets a little long for her and she wishes she wasn't gone so long, but she mostly enjoys it.
I can't believe Abigail is almost one!! She is standing on her own now, so it won't be long before she takes off on those two little feet! We have a great time together during the day. I LOVE her kisses, and when she blows them to me. She is the cutest little clapper you've ever seen. She loves pat-a-cake. She even claps when she hears people cheering on the tv, haha. She loves to pat Alex on the head. It seems to be her thing with him. The big kids get such a kick out of her and get so excited when she does something new. Fun!
I am trying to get more of those rocking chairs made and planning to get in on the holiday city market here. Hopefully I can sell some rockers!
We have had lots going on every weekend and the weeks are always busy! The weather has been NICE. We are grateful for that. We are really looking forward to the leaves changing in the next month!! We plan to get some family pictures taken outside while the leaves are in all their glory. We'll be sure to post them when we get them done. It probably will be around Halloween.
She got her face painted at a Work Picnic/BBQ that Scott took the kids to while I was in DC at the temple. She was so sad to have to wash it off.
Analeigh took this one at the tae-kwon-do studio
Alex and his instructors

Getting his Yellow belt
Rare moment
Scott heard a funny crunching noise coming from the kitchen area and went to investigate and found this:
2 comments:
Sounds busy! We want to sign Will up for Karate (they are doing a class once a week at the school) but it is too expensive. That is great that Alex is doing so well. I can't believe Abigail is almost one either! That is crazy how fast the time has gone by.
Make sure you tell Alex congrats from Aunt Jess! That is so awesome! They all sound like they are doing SO well! We miss them! (You too, I guess :))
Post a Comment