Thursday, April 15, 2010

April Fools

I know it is somewhere around the middle of April, but I still have to blog about our April fool's day.  I woke up to find plastic bugs by my bed, and a toy snake in the cereal cupboard (which the kids know I head straight for after getting up).  They thought they got me good.  Scott had let me sleep in that morning and gotten the kids on the bus, so I discovered their bugs and snake tricks after they had already gone to school.  So, I figured I had better get in on the hijinx myself and come up with something to fool them with.  I found what I was looking for on the internet!  You have to click HERE and see what I printed and cut out.  Go ahead and look and come back... 
When they came home from school I told them how grossed out I was by the bugs and how high I jumped when I went to pull out a box of cereal and found a snake instead (wink, wink).  I helped them get a snack, and they sat down to enjoy a few minutes of tv relaxation.  While they were watching tv, I pulled out the flyer and said, "oh, hey.  Look at the brochure I picked up while I was out shopping today (side note: summer camp brochures and advertisements seem to be everywhere around our city right now, so this wasn't unusual).  Dad and I talked about it and we decided to sign you two up for this summer camp."  Then, I handed them the flyer.  Alex got mad.  Analeigh said, "IIII'm not going".  Hahaha  I could barely keep a straight face.  "Sure you are," I said.  "It will be fun, and you guys need this camp."  "When is it?" they asked.  The first week you are out of school for summer.  "Uh-uh, no, I'm not going, that's not fun".  Oh, man I got them good.  I had them going for a few minutes too, pointing out the different "activities" at the camp.  They read the whole thing.  Finally I said "April Fool's!!!!"  We had a great laugh about how badly I tricked them!  Well when Scott got home I showed him the flyer thinking he would catch on to the fact that it was an April Fool's trick right away, but as I handed it to him and he was looking at it I realized he thought it was for real too.  The kids were right there too, so we all had him thinking I was signing the kids up for this camp.  It was great!  I highly recommend using this on your kids next year (or when they are old enough).  
And here is a picture for you (me with, what's that, a box of cereal? Yes it is) because you have to add a pic to every post, right?  Isn't that the rule of blogging?  *pic taken by Analeigh, I have no idea when.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is so funny! I'm going to use that next year.