I gave up on blogging for a while while we were out having so much fun in Utah.
The last week in June Alex attended Cub Scout camp. I volunteered one day of the week and Scott volunteered the next day, so Analeigh was able to go those days also. They had a "sibling camp" for kids who were there with their parents who were volunteering. It was
HOT ! This summer started hot with high humidity and hasn't let up yet. The day that Scott was at cub scout camp it got really stormy as they were all leaving. He ended up having to pull off the road because he couldn't see anything. Gravel and dirt were blowing against the car and thunder and lightning were booming, and the kids were
scared. It ended up being a microburst storm that blew through Charlottesville and took down trees and knocked out power and made a huge mess of the city. It took them more than 2 hours to get home (it should have taken only about 25 min) due to blocked roads and down power lines. It was a mess and I was so glad when they
finally made it home.
 |
| Hot! at Cub Scout Day Camp |
 |
| Badminton at Cub Scout Camp |
June 29th the kids and I headed for Utah to spend 5 weeks with family! Luckily my Dad is terrific, and he flew out here to help me fly out there. I never would have made it there if I had been on my own. The STUFF you have to take when travelling for over a month with 3 kids and being pregnant is slightly overwhelming. Luckily my kids are great travellers and they did great, even with all of the delays we had and changes of gates, etc. Our flight left here at 5pm and we should have arrived in UT at 11:30pm, but with weather and mechanical delays we didn't get in until around 3am. Then Abigail was a little freaked out about being put down to bed in the crib at mom and dad's, so by the time I went to bed it was 7am my time. Yuck. We all slept in that day, except my poor dad who had to be at a clients at 8:30am that morning.
 |
Getting ready for take-off!
|
From there on out we got busy having fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment