This is old news...but I wanted to go ahead and post this one even though it is from January.
Alex got to participate in 2 Pinewood Derbies this year. The first one was on January 8th and consisted of our pack combined with 2 other packs (in our stake). This is the one we have always participated in as a pack, but this year our pack decided to hold our own pinewood derby as well. Alex did almost every part of his car on his own this year. He drew what he wanted his car to look like and Scott helped him get it cut out. Alex took care of the wheels and axles all on his own this year. He has become a big Pittsburgh Steelers fan over the past year and so, of course, he decked his car out in Steelers insignia. By the time our 2nd derby rolled around on January 25th Alex was really pleased that his car was representing one of the teams that will be playing in the SuperBowl this weekend!
Analeigh brought Alex's car from last year to race as a family car. We didn't realize they were going to race the family cars in the final race. Well, Analeigh's car ended up coming in 2nd overall, with Alex's car this year in 3rd. He was so mad that he had let her put his old car in the race because it bumped him to 3rd. We thought it was funny...we had to help him see the hilarity of it though =) . That was in the first derby. Alex's car came in 1st overall at our own pack's derby. It was really fun to have a smaller derby...I enjoyed that more.
I still don't have a picture of his car...I need to take one. Then I'll add it to the post. I just wanted to get this blogged so I don't forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment