Sunday, September 25, 2011

April 2011


For the Beauty of the Earth...
The kids were out of school for spring break and I had heard of this tulip farm that is about 40 minutes north of us, so we took a picnic lunch and went to explore.  It was beautiful.  Although, I think if we had gone about 5 days later it would have been spectacular.  Most of the tulips had not quite started to emerge.  The best part of it was that you could pick them (I think they were about $1 a stem, so I had to watch the kids and make sure they weren't picking too many).  I had told them that each of them could pick 5 tulips, and they all obeyed.







 The youth had a temple trip scheduled for the day before Easter.  A friend offered to watch our kids so we could both go up that day, which was a treat!  We took Andrew with us, but left the other 3 behind. Scott was able to go through a session before the youth got there.  Then I went in as a chaperone to the baptistry.  I loved walking around the temple grounds pushing Andrew in the stroller and spending time with just him.  It was such a peaceful, beautiful day.  The trees were absolutely bursting with spring blossoms.  







2 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.