Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Over the Summer ~ 2012

*Disclaimer: all of these photos were taken with my iphone...I am terrible at remembering to take an actual camera with me anywhere, so I am lucky my phone has a camera at all, haha.
Before we moved from Virginia I wanted to get Alex a new fleece jacket from Grand Caverns.  He had outgrown his old one (that we got there in 2009 and he was still wearing ;) ), but looovved that jacket.  I thought it might ease the pain of moving a little if he had a little piece of Virginia to take with him.  So, I drove with the kids out to Grand Caverns one day.  There is a little park and playground right by the caverns, so I had planned on letting them play for a while before having to drive the hour back home.  It started raining just as we got there.  It didn't bother them at all...they just continued on playing.  They had a good time and we were able to get Alex a jacket that fits :)

WET

 The last week we were in Virginia I drove up to Washington DC with the kids.  We wanted to see our good friends, the Crowthers, one more time...and bonus, she watched the kids for me for a little while so I could go to the Temple.  I love the DC temple so much.  It is such a beautiful, peaceful place.

Analeigh and Aliza BFFs

All of the kids

 Once we were somewhat settled in Colorado we took a quick trip to Utah.  It had been 2 years since the kids had seen their cousins, so they were really anxious to get out there.  We found out just after moving to Colorado that my mom had a tumor on her kidney and needed to have surgery to remove it, along with one of her kidneys.  So I definitely wanted to get out to see and help her, but not too soon after since I would be bringing 4 kids and all the noise that comes with them with me.  So when she was about 9 days out from surgery I drove myself and the kids out to visit.  Scott came a few days later and helped drive back with me.  It was nice to see everyone that we got to see this time.  We can't wait to go back and see even more family.  It's nice to be closer and know that we will be back sooner this time.
Our first day in Utah we went up to Bountiful to their 24th of July parade with Dad/Papa and my sister-in-law Michelle and her kids and family. We also met up with Richard and Lisa and Rebecca and Gabriel after the parade. 
At the end of the parade were 2000+ young men dressed as Helaman's 2000 stripling warrriors from the Book of Mormon
 
Papa and Andrew...and you can see Abigail in the background waving her little flag.  She waved it throughout the entire parade.
We got to help Gracie celebrate her 6th birthday!
 
We were so happy to get to go up to Mom Susan/Grandma's property up in Fairview Canyon.  We hadn't been up there in many years, but it was just as peaceful and beautiful as it always was.  That place is an absolute treasure.  
 
This tire swing is the most fun swing ever!
 
Grandma with Hayden, Abigail, Analeigh, and Grace and Alex in background

Alex and Uncle Brian


SISTERS


Campers =)
 
When we got home from camping Scott, Alex and I headed straight to the Real Salt Lake game

On our last day in Utah we had family pictures taken with Scott's family.  Melissa and Steve and their kids were moving to California the next week and we were in town, so it was the best possible time to have it done, even though we still had to have Amanda's husband Justin photoshopped in since he is living and working in New Mexico.  These are just some candids I took with my phone after the pictures, so they are definitely not high quality photos, just some fun ones. 
My cute Analeigh

Me and my boy

Love these girls



 
After pictures we went out to eat to celebrate Melissa's birthday.  We went to Golden Corral where they have COTTON CANDY for dessert.  Abigail didn't know what it was called, but said she wanted some of that pink fluffy stuff, haha.
 
After we got back from Utah the girls had two weeks of swimming lessons, so we spent a good amount of time at the YMCA until school started.
Abigail's swim teacher gave them each some goggles. I got a kick out of seeing her in these!


No comments: